As we waltz into the last quarter of the year, the celebratory moods seem to dance around at the back of our minds too. Moving past mid October, fashion trends, beauty looks and happening events are just rolling out of the big bag. What have you got lined up ahead to enjoy the last few months of 2012? :)
Halloween Parties 2012 – Do You Dare?
By Western traditions, this “celebration” of ghouls and souls has seamlessly synced into our local events, with organizations upping each year’s scare factor as their main stake for the monies. Discover some of the hits and misses of past halloween parties in Singapore by this brave duo. Lined up for the screams and horrors, touristy Sentosa, Resorts World Sentosa and Universal Studios Singapore have taken the lead to drum up the spooks! Game for a Fright Night at the museum? The Asian Civilisation Museum promises to raise goosebumps. Lonely Planet shares a non-exhaustive list here. For gungho folks, venture into the dark and creepy trails of Fort Siloso, or wander into the wet rainforest beneath the Singapore Flyer. Pub grubs know the usual suspects like Zouk, which used to do free entries for those in costumes (they started to charge for cover last year!!), Zirca, Acid Bar, Ally Bar are geared to offer spooktacular evenings too! Having had my fair share of costume play, dripping blood (where’s the pumpkin?) and drink binges with party friends, wonder what this bunch will be up to this year? No spooks for me, that’s for sure! ;) Lest, I’ll settle for halloween-fied nails to join in the spook fest… heh.. heh..
Spideys can be cute and scream-inducing at the same time, aren’t they?
Credit: The Budget Fashionista
Style Inspiration: Wear Fall 2012 Trends Effortlessly!
Wine red/burgundy seem to have taken on the runway, coupled with dark hues of teal. Brocade in weaves of gold and silver are taking centrestage too. Overflowing from Spring 2012, hold onto your prints like stripes, polka dots, cutesy prints of kittens/rabbits/shoes/whatever, they continue to stay! Go dramatic with peplum – it’s here to add frills and some much-need curves for boyish frames (like moi!). Pull these looks off the fashion scene – here! With a wardrobe needing an overhaul (SOS! Anyone?), here are some outfits I’m coveting right now!
Garments on Wanted List!
– Dark teal pants in soft fabric (Move over, skinnies. I need those volume please. But it’s too darn hard to find this! Anyone knows where to get nice comfy ones?)
– Smart casual jacket in neutrals (To instantly smarten any outfit with its versatility!)
– Leather jacket with gold zips and studds (Rocker style alert!)
– Rugged jeans (For those androgynous moods…)
– Unique tops in white, grey, burgundy (With special cuts/drapes/textures, yes!)
– Ankle booties in minimal heel height (Good for running around while adding pizazz to an outfit!)
– Statement necklaces, bracelets (For my ever growing collection :P)
– Statement rings (Haha, ’nuff said!)
– Sling bag that can fit the (future) long wallet (To replace my long serving Primark leathery sling… sob sob.. RIP…)
– An A4 sized shoulder bag (Great for lugging around everyday; able to fit stuff cos it goes to work with me. Heh!)
Okay… that’s off my mind for now.. :P
Style Inspirations from all over:
That ruffled shoulder jacket and gold buttons, polka dotty skinnies – that effortlessly put together look! *grin*
Credit: Eat Sleep Wear
That edgy leather jacket!!! Nice bag by 3.1 Phillip Lim!
Credit: The Coveted
Lauren Conrad in nudes… hmmm, can i pull this off?
Credit: The Outfit Diaries
Love Andy’s style – always! She’s leviating, naturally! Akin to the international planking movement; not to be mistaken for gangnam style. LOL! Wouldn’t mind that zipper jeans! Check out her customized pair of sneakers – read it at her blog; click on the above photo and GO!
Credit: The Style Scrapbook
Like the way it fits, and a button/hook will be good. Change it to dark teal, and yes! That’s what I need! :D
And on the local celeb spotting, there’s Rui En, a personal fave style icon! A-w-e-s-o-m-e!
What’s rocking your socks lately? Share them too! :) Happy Oktoberfest too, y’all!