With limited time in the kitchen, time-saver meals are our best bet as we serve up healthy and yummy (if I may say so myself. LOL!) dishes.
I used to think having a built-in oven would probably end up a white elephant, but now, I’m eating my words.
Our oven has been utilised more often than before now that we’ve 2 young kids. So, that explains the new recipes and easy oven dishes I’ve been putting together too :)
Hope you enjoy our simple homely dinner recipes that are really easy to do. One need not be daunted by complicated steps or difficult-to-find seasonings or ingredients, because cooking can be easy and healthy too!
We hope you and your family would enjoy this baked dish as much as we did! :)
Baked Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe (serves 3 adults + 1 child)
Chicken thigh and drumstick
1/2 stick of carrot, wash and cut
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Green capsicum, wash and cut
1/2 tablespoon honey (I used Wild Floral Honey, but you can use Manuka Honey too if you wish, and remember to use a non-metal spoon when scooping the honey!)
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp light soya sauce
- Place chicken onto baking dish and massage marinade mixture into meat. Use a clingwrap to seal the baking dish and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees. Remove baking dish from refrigerator and remove cling wrap. Add the other ingredients into dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
TA-DAH! It’s ready to serve! Be extra careful as the baking dish would be scorching hot!
- If you prefer a thicker sauce/gravy, add cornstarch to thicken to desired consistency.
- This is a really versatile dish and we basically added the veggies found in the fridge. If you’re looking to make a quick one-dish meal, this is good to go with a bowl of rice or even pasta!
- We removed the chicken skin so it was less oily. Feel free to leave the skin on for added crisp to add to the palate sensations.
Have you recently rediscovered your oven too? What are some of your favourite baked dishes and recipes?