Eggless 2-ingredient Pancake Blender Recipe
Waking up to freshly made pancakes brightens up a new day!
We love fluffy pancakes, and from time-to-time (when there’s time! Ha!), try to make them from scratch for Vera so she enjoys homemade ones too.
View this post on Instagram
☀️Good morning, everyone! Since babies don't differentiate between weekends and weekdays, lazybones mama had to wake before everyone else even on a Sunday. Oh wait. That's #momlife ain't it?? . Blurry eyed and pre-☕️, I must be nutty to decide to serve up some baby pancakes. Well, looks like someone couldn't wait to try them afterall! 😆 Cooking for appreciative Guinea pigs, I mean, children, always makes me smile. What's for breakfast today, our friends? . Search: "Pancakes" on the blogazine for recipe🍽 #deekitchenexperimenter #homemadepancakes #thehootingpost
After getting some confusing reactions when Leroy tried eggs, we decided to wing it with pancakes for him, and made these hotcakes ala McDonald’s pancakes which Vera loved. But alas! Looks like the boy has to stay away from eggs, until he (hopefully) outgrows them! Egg allergy is such a boo-boo!
View this post on Instagram
Of all things, this little guy can't take eggs 😢 So, mama made some Egg-less 2-ingredient Pancakes just for you! Well, I added another 3 ingredients just so he gets extra nutrients – gotta fend off those bugs! Thankfully, he thought they were yums!✌🏻️ . Time to put on that Chef hat again, and whip up healthy and easy recipes for the baby! Will be sharing this recipe on the blogazine soon! ☺️ #deekitchenexperimenter
Not wanting him to miss out on good stuff, I decided to search for pancake recipes that do without eggs. These eggless pancakes promised wholesome goodness, and are so easy, it almost feels effortless! He was battling a dripping nose, so mummy made a booster version with these pancakes :P
Eggless 2-ingredient Pancake Blender Recipe (makes 6-8 baby-sized pancakes)
1 banana, peeled (we used the regular Del Monte bananas, or you may also use 2 pcs of the smaller variants)
1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked (feel free to use organic rolled oats or Quaker Quickcook/Instant Oats, depending on preference)
2 tsp organic virgin coconut oil (feel free to omit oil, or use other types of oil, or butter for that rich creamy taste!)
*Optional ingredients for additional nutritional boost:
We’ve tried these for a little change: 1-2 tbsp of Chia Seeds and 5 tbsp Fresh Milk
- Heat up frying pan at medium heat. Add oil to warm it.
- Pour both ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. The batter resembles banana milkshake!
- Using a ladle, spoon out the batter and place on the frying pan to form round pancakes. Look out for bubbles forming on the top, creating tiny holes, and allow the edges to turn golden brown before flipping. Gently lift the undersides to check for your desired colour before flipping though. Ensure the flipped side is cooked thoroughly (not sticky), and slide them out of the pan! Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm and feel free to serve with fresh fruits, yogurt or avocado for a hearty, nutritious meal! Butter, manuka honey or maple syrup on the sides ;)
- Feel free to use a food processor or mixer instead of a blender – it was just much easier to use a blender (and we don’t own a food processor!), and cleaning was straightforward.
- This eggless pancake recipe is really versatile, so feel free to add your desired ingredients to make it extra nutritious, or include your kids’ favourite ingredients such as fruits.
- Just a note that this recipe does not include baking powder, so these aren’t exactly fluffy pancakes! Texture was towards
- Since this pancake recipe is predominantly eggless, flourless and dairy-free, blended rolled oats creates oat flour, so you don’t need to add additional flour. Skip the fresh milk if you prefer pancakes without milk – it’s optional, anyway!
What are some of your favourite eggless recipes? Do share some ideas with us!