Several months ago, hubs and I went for our babymoon with the baby bump, B2 and we had a fun hands-on culinary workshop in Bali!
Here’s our babymoon itinerary and what we got up to while cooking up a storm! And here’s sharing a dessert recipe that we learned from the Chef during our lesson. Perhaps a different type of Asian dessert to cook for your family too!
Indonesian Banana in Coconut Milk (or Kolak Pisang) Recipe
~ serves 4 pax
1 Pandan Leaf
2 big cubes Palm Sugar
1 can Palm Fruit
3 large Tapioca (also known as Cassava)
15 small riped Bananas
5 large Sweet Potatoes
1 can Coconut Milk or fresh grated Coconut Milk, add 2 cups of water
1 1/2 cup Sugar (or 16tbsp)
1/2 tsp Salt
- Peel skin from sweet potato and tapioca. Wash and cut into small cubes, and place in a boiling pan.
- Peel the banana skin, make small cuts and place in the boiling pan together with the sweet potato and tapioca.
- Cut each palm fruit into half and add into the boiling pan as well.
- Tie a knot for the pandan leaf and add it into the boiling pan.
- Add sugar, salt, palm sugar coconut milk and water into the pan.
- Bring everything to boil, or until tapioca ad sweet potato have become tender. Taste the soup for sweetness level (add more sugar to increase sweetness or add more water/coconut milk to reduce sweetness), turn off the stove. Serve warm or cold.
*Recipe from Bali Mango Tree at Seminyak.
- Do check on the sweetness level before serving. We personally felt that the above portions were a tad too sweet for us, so do adjust according to your preference.
- If you prefer not to have too much carbs (i.e. tapioca and sweet potato), simply omit them as the bananas with coconut milk are just as yummy. You can also add other fruits in such as jackfruit which is pretty popular for this dessert.
- If you’re cooking for young children, do be mindful of the sweetness level.
Hope you enjoy preparing this simple Indonesian dessert that’s bound to satisfy the sweet tooth in you! Do try out this recipe and share your feedback too!
Follow our adventures on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and G+ too!