Since baby Leroy arrived, we’ve been pretty busy and that means lesser time for kitchen experiments.
Figured that since I’ve been home as his main caregiver, I might as well make time to serve up homecooked meals for the family. This pretty much gives me a chance to be a domesticated wifey. What better way to serve up homely dishes when the hubs returns from a day’s of work, eh? I’m definitely a noob cook, but thankful they’ve turned out pretty edible so far! HAHA!
Quick meals are our best bet, especially since we’re so time-strapped with 2 young children.
Here’s an easy baked dish we had recently, and it doesn’t take much preparation time either! Enjoy!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe (Serves 2-3 pax)
Fresh chicken parts – we used drumsticks, wings and bits of other parts which made up about half a chicken
1 regular sized carrot (or any other vegetables as preferred), cut to desired size
1 tsp McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning – feel free to use other seasonings instead!
2 – 3 tbsp Teriyaki Marinade (sufficiently coat all over chicken)
1 tbsp Olive Oil/Virgin Coconut Oil
- Wash and clean chicken. Trim fats and remove skin as desired.
- Place chicken and carrots onto baking dish. Sprinkle McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (go easy with this because it contains salt granules) all over meat and massage with Teriyaki Marinade. Drizzle oil over meat. Use a cling wrap to seal baking dish and place in fridge for 30 minutes (feel free to place it for longer if possible).
If you prefer a “wetter” dish with some gravy, mix marinade with some water and mix well with chicken.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. Note that carrots might be a little hard, so you may like to pre-boil them prior before baking if you prefer softer ones.
Put on your kitchen gloves and remove from oven – it’s ready to serve! Enjoy this easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken with your family!
- The McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning contains salt, so do go easy especially if young children will be sharing the dish.
- This is a really versatile dish – you may like to use herbs such as rosemary, thyme or Italian herbs to give it a twist in taste.
How do you like your baked chicken? Do share some yummy recipes with us too!
Follow our adventures on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and G+ too!